Whale Shark Tour Cozumel Mexico, swim with whale sharks in the Mexican Caribbean, and a unique snorkel tour in The Riviera Maya.
There is no direct boat tour from Cozumel to the Whale shark area, which is located the north of Isla Contoy.
This tour will start with the van pickup at Playa del Carmen meeting point near the port, then transfer to Punta Sam in Cancun, where the boat tour starts.
Get the unique opportunity to jump the sea and observe the whale sharks during the season from June 1st to September 15th.
IMPORTANT! Not recommended for Cruise ship travelers
This is a shared service starting at Playa del Carmen meeting point, where we pickup other customers, the tour could take at least 8 to 10 hours minimum, we can’t guarantee you will return on time to cruise ship departure at Cozumel port.
For cruise ship travelers we suggest the Private Whale Shark Tour, where the flexibility of itinerary can make this tour possible, according to your cruise ship arrival and departure starting from playa del Carmen.
- 8:45 AM Pickup at meeting point in Playa del Carmen.
- 10 avenue south with 3 street south at Miniso store entrance( Google map https://goo.gl/maps/YbbDjDPgRtNcmhGe8 )
- 9:30 AM Arrival to Marina at Puerto Juarez.
- 10:30 AM Jump in the boat to start the search.
- 11:30 AM Snorkel with The Whale Sharks.
- 02:00 PM Transfer to Playa Norte beach at Isla Mujeres.
- 02:30 PM Lunch.
- 03:30 PM Transfer back to Puerto Juarez.
- 04:00 PM Transfer to Playa del Carmen.
- 05:00 PM Arrival to ferry port.
- Private tour service.
- Duration 3 to 4 hours.
- Runs daily all year round.
- Shared transfer pick-up/drop-off.
- Bilingual guide.
- Minimum 2 pax per booking
- Shared van transportation.
- Hotel to Marina round trip.
- boat transportation.
- bilingual guide and boat staff.
- Entrance fees.
- Snorkel gear( mask, life jacket, and fins).
- Express breakfast at Marina(coffee, breath & fruits).
- Snacks(chicken sandwiches, peanuts & granola bars).
- Lunch(Chicken sandwiches and fresh fish ceviche).
- Beverages( soft drinks, sodas & water).
- Languages English and Spanish.
- Personal expenses.
- Photo & video.
- No children under 5 years old.
- Pregnant women are not allowed.
- Regular sunscreen.
- Avoid contaminating the whale sharks area
Whale shark Cancun Mexico Snorkel Tour is available?
Every year during the summer, from May 15th to September 15th, the first 3 weeks and last 3 weeks of the season the sighting probabilities are 50%, higher than 90% in July and August, and the rest of the season around 70%.
Whale Shark Tour Cozumel Mexico Recommendations
- Use of biodegradable sunscreen.
- Apply sunscreen 30 minutes before snorkel activity.
- Use your waterproof camera.
- Wear sunglasses, a hat, and a cotton long sleeve shirt.
Important before booking Extra Fees
The port fee & Whale Shark Protected area Fee are NOT INCLUDED, the price iss $15 USD per pax, and must be payd in CASH arriving at the port, at Punta am port there are no ATM machines.
Whale Shark Cozumel Mexico Tour Price
Price per pax, minimum 1 pax per booking.
$ 225 USD
Cancellations with 100% refund:
- If we don’t reach the minimum number of people from Cozumel the tour will be rescheduled or refunded.
- Bad weather conditions when harbor Master closes the boat activities in the whale Shark natural protected area.
Whale shark tour Cancun & Riviera Maya
The whale shark tour departs daily from any hotel in Cancun down and hotel zone.
Private Whale Shark Tour
Advantages of private service, faster more time snorkeling.