Birdwatching Cancun Mexico discover more than 40 bird species guided by our local birdwatching expert in the best birding spots & best price!
Not many people realize that near Cancun there are great birding spots full of migratory & endemic species. Discover the secret spots at La Ruta de Los Cenotes guided by our local birding guide hiking the Mayan jungle trails.
Where more than 20 bird species could be sighted during this tour, a great opportunity to fill your Mexican birding list! La Ruta de Los Cenotes is located in Puerto Morelos about 30 minutes from Cancun.
This tour is a TOP-rated tour on TripAdvisor, our guides are local birding experts with more than 10 years of experience.
Discover more than 40 bird species!
- 6:00 AM Hotel pickup.
- 6:15 AM Arrival at birding spot.
- 6:20 AM Hiking in the jungle.
- 11:00 AM End of hiking and birdwatching.
- 11:30 AM Transfer back to the hotel.
- Duration 5 to 6 hours.
- Available all year round.
- Shared tour service.
- Comfortable A/C transfer pickup and drop off.
- Bilingual local expert guide.
- Express breakfast(coffee, breath & fruits).
- Beverages( soft drinks, sodas & water).
- Persona expenses
- No wheelchair accessible.
- No children under 5 years old.
- Not recommended for pregnant women.
Birdwatching Cancun Mexico recommedations
- Bring a hat & sunglasses.
- Long sleeve shirt.
- Binoculars (Request them in case you need extra ones).
- Insect repellent.
Carlos was a world class guide. We saw 56 species, in which 42 are lifers for me! His bird calling skills, and knowledge of the terrain were instrumental to our success. Carlos shared the entire list with me via eBird and also shared all his photos. He actually helped me with my camera to get better photos. Above and beyond! We even stopped and had REAL tacos! His driver Miguel was wonderful. The whole experience was to notch.
TripAdvisor Review of: Birdwatching Cancun
Birdwatching Cancun Mexico tour bird list
If you require specific bird species please contact us to review your request with the birdwatching expert.
- Orange Oriole / Icterus auratus Endemic
- Rose-throated Tanager / Piranga roseogularis / Endemic
- Yucatan Jay / Cyanocorax yucatanicus Endemic
- Yellow-lored Parrot / Amazona xantholora Endemic
- White-bellied Emerald / Amazilia candida
- Ruddy Ground-Dove / Columbina talpacoti
- Vaux’s Swift / Chaetura vauxi
- Cinnamon Hummingbird / Amazilia rutile
- White-fronted Parrot / Amazona albifrons
- Greenish Elaenia / Myiopagis viridicata
- Couch’s Kingbird / Tyrannus couchii
- Green Jay / Cyanocorax yncas
- Tropical Gnatcatcher / Polioptila plumbea
- Clay-colored Thrush / Turdus grayi
- Summer Tanager / Piranga rubra
- Painted Bunting / Passerina ciris
- Hooded Oriole / Icterus cucullatus
Birdwatching Tour Price.
Price per pax in share tour service, small group maximum 6 pax, provide the hotel name to set the hotel pickup time.
From Cancun hotel pickup.
$ 165 USD 1 pax
Hotel pickup & drop off included.
Private Birdwatching Tour service
- Private birding expert guide.
- Private van Pickup & drop off at any hotel from Playa del Carmen, Puerto Morelos & Cancun areas.
$ 395 USD
For 1 to 4 pax.
Birdwatching in the Riviera Maya
The best birding areas near Tulum & Playa del Carmen.
Looking for similar Tours?
Guided by the best local birdwatching experts.